The link rule matches links on webpages with specific criteria.
- Find links to a specific website or web address.
- Find links containing specific text.
- Ensure links to external websites include “external link” in their link text.
- Ensure that no links open in new tabs.
- Link URL – optionally the absolute URL that the link points to. You can match any part of the URL.
- Link text – optionally the text label of the link. This includes alternative text and ARIA text.
- Opens in – optionally whether the link opens in a new tab or the current tab.
- Points to – optionally check for links to pages inside or outside of the current website. This allows you to make general rules which can be re-used for multiple websites, without having to explicitly state the URLs for each.