How to integrate Silktide with Drupal 10
Looking for installation guides for other Drupal versions?
This module enables two main features:
- Easily switch from Silktide to the appropriate editor page inside Drupal to make quick content updates.
- New or updated pages on your site will be automatically checked in Silktide when published, so that your scores are always up-to-date.
Installing/activating the module
You will need Drupal administrator access to install our Drupal module. This guide should be read in conjunction with the Installing Drupal modules guide on the Drupal site.
Import module via URL
Go to the module’s project page at https://www.drupal.org/project/silktide/ and copy the URL for the version of the module you want to use.
In your Drupal site:
- Log in as Admin
- Open the Extend screen
- Select Install new module and paste in the URL of the .tar.gz file
Using Composer to install module
If you maintain your Drupal site using
composer, just add
composer require 'drupal/silktide:^10.0' to your composer.json file and perform ‘composer update’.
Activating the module
After importing the module:
- Select the Enable newly added modules link shown or go to the Extend screen
- Tick the box next to Silktide
- Select Install
Configuring the module
In your Silktide account:
- Open your website report
- Select Settings > Integrations
- If there are no existing integrations configured, select New CMS to create a new Drupal integration
- Copy the API key displayed:
In your Drupal admin:
- Open the Configuration screen
- Select Silktide under the Web Services listing
- In the API key field on the Silktide Configuration page, paste the key you copied from Silktide
- Select Save Configuration
Retesting your site
You will need to retest your site in Silktide for these changes to take effect.
Page updates or new page publications in Drupal should trigger a test for that page in Silktide.
Navigating from Silktide to Drupal
Once the report has finished running, you should find a CMS button beside your pages listed in the Inventory and when viewing a single page inside the Inspector.
Selecting the CMS buttons will open the page editor in your CMS for the relevant page.