Once a report template has been set up, these templates can then be used to create reports that can either be used as a one-off, static report, or to create a dashboard that updates continuously.
A report or dashboard must start with a template, so if you haven’t already got one that suits your needs, go and create a template first.
To start creating a report, head to the Reports screen. You’ll land in the Overview screen.
On the overview screen locate the table with the heading “Report templates” and use the search field to find the template you want to build your report or dashboard from.
For a one-off report or a continuously updated dashboard, select the Create button on your chosen template:
Depending on how the template was set up (One website, many websites, etc.), you’ll need to choose the website(s) you want your report to cover from the dropdown menu.
Choose how far back you want the report to cover, this can be on a scale of days, months, or even years depending on your needs.
“What this covers” allows you to determine how often the information will be required:
- Static report: This is a one-off report where the data won’t change. This can be used to keep historical logs, or just to see how the website is doing right now.
- Dashboard: The data on this report will update continuously alongside your website crawls. This can be used to keep a running track of how well a website is currently performing. You’ll also be able to filter by different websites or groups of tagged websites in your dashboard.
To identify the report, it should be given a name. This will make it easier to find the report in the future. By default this is set to the name of the template and the website you’re reporting on.
The final option is to decide who has access to see and edit this report:
- Everyone: All users within the account
- Just me: Only the creator of the report
- Custom: This will provide a table that can be used to select specific users on the account. This also allows users to be given specific permission to see or admin the report as needed
Don’t forget, if you’ve selected in the individual user or group settings that they can see all reports or dashboards, this won’t overwrite that permission. If you don’t want a user or group to see a specific dashboard or report, you’ll need to uncheck ‘See all reports/dashboards’ in the user or group settings.
Once all of the fields have been filled, confirm your choices by selecting the purple Create report button at the bottom of the screen:
A confirmation message will appear in the bottom-left corner of the screen and the new report will be opened. To edit the name, permissions or to delete the report, select the Edit button in the top-right corner. Options to Share, Print (this will allow you to ‘Print to PDF’ too), or view the report in Fullscreen are also available at the top of the page:
If you chose to create a dashboard, you can switch between the website(s) you see in the dashboard by selecting the name of the current website on the left-hand side of the nav bar at the top of the screen and selecting a different website from the dropdown menu.
All Dashboards and Reports you’ve created and have permission to see can be found by selecting the Dashboards or Reports option from the Reports overview screen: