Creating a dashboard
To start creating a new dashboard, first view the dashboard page itself by selecting Dashboards in the top-right corner when logged into Silktide. Next, select the + New button in the top-right corner of the dashboard screen.
The dashboard creation screen will present the options to:
- Name: An identifiable name for the dashboard
- Permissions: Which users and groups should be able to see or admin the dashboard
- Can see: Allows users to see the dashboard
- Can admin: Allows users to edit and make changes to the dashboard
- Tags: By default, which tags should be pre-filtered when viewing the dashboard
Once the options have been set to the required values, hit the Save button to confirm the choices and create the dashboard.
The newly created dashboard will have no widgets, to resolve this the dashboard must be edited and widgets added. Press the Edit button in the top-right corner to start adding widgets.
The dashboard edit screen shows all of the widgets that are present on the dashboard and allows new rows and widgets to be added as necessary.
On a newly created dashboard, there will be one row and no widgets. On the row that has been created there will be a large Add a widget button, select this to begin adding widgets to the dashboard.
The Select a widget screen shows a list of widgets that can be added to the dashboard, each widget has a small screenshot of what it will look like, followed by the name of the widget, and a short description of what the widget will contain.
Select a widget to start customizing it before adding it to the dashboard.
Whilst customizing the widget, the left-hand menu will provide the options that can be customized and the right-hand will show what the widget will look like.
In this example, the Websites widget has been selected, and so the options are specific to that widget.
- Limit: The maximum number of websites/sections to show on the widget
- Include: Should this widget display Websites & Sections, Websites only, or, Sections only
- Include screenshot?: Displays a small screenshot of the Website/Section to the left of the website/section URL
- Columns: This allows customization of the scores and figures that are provided by the widget. This can be to show overall scores, the number of pages tested, number of unrecognized spellings, among many other options
- Result: Which metric to be displayed
- Label: The name given to easily identify the Result metric
- Add column: Add additional columns for more Results to be displayed
- Sort by: Which result should be used as the sort order by default
- Direction: Should the results be ordered in Ascending or Descending order
Once the widget has been configured select the green Add widget button in the top-right corner to confirm the choices and add the widget to the dashboard. This can be edited again if needed.
The new widget will now be presented within the edit dashboard view. Additional widgets can be added, and new rows or widget size adjustments can be made to customize what the dashboard looks like.
The size of the widget can be adjusted by selecting the cog to the right of the widget and selecting how many columns the row should take up. Each widget can only take up 1 column of any given row, so increasing the number of columns will reduce the size of the widget. This option can also be used to add new rows above or below the widget and to remove the row entirely.
New rows can also be added by selecting the New row button.
In the top-right corner of each widget, the 3 dots button allows the widget to be deleted, edited, or for additional widgets to be added to the dashboard.
Once widgets have been added to the dashboard the changes need to be saved by selecting the Save button in the top-right corner.
Further adjustments to dashboards can be made by selecting the Edit button in the top-right corner again.